Let's take a journey around the world with Mrs. Doan! This is a 32-week, year-long course developed by Mrs. Doan by combining the best of several geography curriculums. We begin our study in the North America and travel through every continent in our amazing world! Along the way we will map rivers, lakes, oceans, mountains, national parks, and famous landmarks. The five themes of geography, (location, place, human environment/interaction, movement, and regions) are cornerstones of World Geography. Each continent and theme is explored by participating in hands on activities such as, lap books, games, oral presentations, clay map projects, and the construction of an art book that can be used as a study guide for years to come! Our class sessions will cultivate an understanding of the topography, economic impact to neighboring regions, trade, and culture.
By the end of the year students will:
- Be able to identify bodies of land and water, countries, and various physical features throughout the world.
- Be able to deal comfortably with any map, regardless of differences in scale symbols, projection, etc.
- Be able to use atlas indices to find locations and other geographical information.
- Understand latitude and longitude and use it to describe and locate various places and features, and draw it in several projections.
- Be able to describe relationships depicted on maps, distances, coastal vs. inland features, and weather.
- Use correct names for the parts of the Earth and parts of a map.
- Become aware of the relationship of geography to cultures, to global issues, and to themselves.
Class time will be spent:
- Engaging in hands-on activities to extend learning
- Learning and discussing course content together
- Student Presentations
Curriculum content resources used together by Mrs. Doan (These do not need to be purchased):
- Text Book Glencoe World Geography ISBN-0-07-860699-3
- Geography Matters
- Mapping the World by Heart by Fable Vision Learning
Registration and Tuition:
- A $50 deposit is required by June 8th* to hold your students spot in the class. If your deposit is not received by June 8th*, your student will be removed from the class roster. Please include the name of your student, name of your charter school, and/or if you will be paying out of pocket. This deposit is non-refundable after July 1st, 2020*.
- Tuition is due in FULL on August 15, 2020*
*These dates are subject to change due to COVID19. Please use them as guidelines and contact me if you have any questions.
I accept electronic payments only. Cash or checks will not be accepted by mail or in class.
- Venmo: @Brittany-Doan-2
- PayPal: email@example.com
- CashApp: $bedoaned or 949-363-3634 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Charter School Purchase Order
When placing your PO, please choose to have payments made in one lump sum at the end of the semester.
Fall Semester- December 1st
Spring Semester- May 1st
YES! I accept Charter funds
- Place your purchase order in FULL by August 15, 2020. When your charter funds have cleared at the end of the semester, your deposit will be returned to you. Or if you, continue second semester, it will be returned to you at the end of the second semester.
If you school is not listed, please send in a request to your school and we can get the approval process started!
- Excel Academy
- Springs Charter Schools*
- Julian Charter School*
- Sky Mountain*
- Inspire Charter School
*(Vendor status needs to be updated for the 2020-2021 school year)